Property Facilities Manager
JOB TITLE: Property Facilities Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt -- Executive
Directs and oversees all real property acquisitions, sales, development projects, renovations, and overall maintenance to ensure each are in line with Company objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel including interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ensures Company property and buildings are properly maintained through the regular inspection of grounds and facilities.
- Maintains financial records for each property, including maintenance and operating costs.
- Prepares and administers contracts for services such as cleaning, maintenance, and security.
- Solicits and analyzes bids from contractors for repairs, renovations, and maintenance.
- Oversees contractors to ensure work is being completed according to terms of agreements.
- Contacts insurance carriers, fire and police departments, inspectors, and other agencies to ensure protection and compliance with codes and regulations.
- Manages the Company's rental properties, including lease administration, landlord-tenant issues, and related matters.
- Assists in the negotiation of the purchase, sale, lease, or development of property and completes or reviews appropriate documents and forms.
- Contracts with architectural firms to prepare detailed plans for new buildings and renovations.
- Analyzes information on property values, taxes, zoning, etc. to ensure continued viable use of property.
- Travels as needed.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates effective leadership.
- Solves problems and makes decisions independently and proactively.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk and hear; add, subtract, multiply and divide; and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.